• When and how do I receive my rent?

    Landlord statements are processed in time for payment by the 18th day of each month. If this date falls on a weekend, payment will be sent on the last working day prior to this.

    You have the option of receiving your statements via email or post, and your payments can be issued by bank transfer or cheque - just send us the details and we'll do the rest!

  • What happens if tenants don't pay rent?

    We have a thorough rent recovery structure and a dedicated member of staff who will contact the tenants in rental arrears to discuss the best way to recover this and keep you updated along the way.

    Please be aware that if your tenants are students, they may wish to pay in line with their student loans. We would always ask that they first of all look to their guarantor to assist with payment until they receive their loan. Loans are usually due in January, April, and September in line with term dates.

  • What are my responsibilities in terms of maintenance on the property?

    Under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 a Landlord is responsible for maintaining the structural exterior and ensuring a supply of water, gas and electric to the property.

    Our tenancy agreements also specify that the Landlord must keep the interior of the property in good repair and good decorative order, and ensure that the relevant legal checks are completed (gas, fire and electrical safety).

  • Do I have to provide smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms?

    Yes, you do need to ensure you have working smoke alarms if you rent your property and these must be checked on an annual basis (6 months if you let a HMO property). If you are a Unipol accredited Owner regardless of property size you must conform with the Unipol Code. If you let your property and it is a HMO you must conform to your licence conditions. Further information can be found in the new Deregulation Act 2015 or you can contact Leeds City Council.

  • Do I need to fit locks to the bedroom doors at the property?

    Strictly speaking no, however often you will find that tenants request privacy locks when they move in to a property. If the room contains an emergency exit (such as fire escape window) or a gas shut off valve or the fuse board then it is not recommended to fit a lock on this room.

  • I have a preferred contractor that I use, can you contact them directly?

    Yes, we are more than happy to speak with your contractor and book in any works required. Please contact our maintenance department to discuss this further.

  • Can I contact your emergency number?

    Absolutely, should there be an emergency at the property and you are not able to attend as you normally would, please contact the RNL emergency number and we can assist.

  • Why have I been charged for works completed due to tenant damage?

    The Landlord must cover the cost of any works completed at the property. Once we receive payment from the tenant, or are in a position to deduct this from their deposit we will pass the funds back to you.

  • Can I have an annual statement?

    Yes, please contact our Landlord liaison within the accounts department and they would be able to send you this. We can also provide you with copy statements on request.

If you are a landlord and would like to hear more about the services we can offer, please get in touch to discuss how we can help.

Ross and Lowe Property Management Ltd trading as RNL Property Management Registered Address - Suite 3 2 Victoria Road, Leeds, United Kingdom, LS6 1AT Registered in England No. 09623877